Oklahoma's National Register of Historic Places

Use your browser's back button to return to the query.

ID Number 78002239
Historic Name KINGFISHER POST OFFICE
Description of Significance THE KINGFISHER POST OFFICE IS A TWO-STORY STUCCO CLAD BUILDING CONSTRUCTED IN 1912-1913. BUILT ON THE GOVERNMENT ACRE OF KINGFISHER, THE BUILDING REPLACED THE ORIGINAL LAND OFFICE AND AN EARLY BRICK POST OFFICE. THE POST OFFICE WAS IN USE LOCALLY UNTIL 1976. THE RECTANGULAR BUILDING HAS A SIMPLE HIPPED ROOF, WITH WIDELY OVERHANGING EAVES SUPPORTED BY DECORATIVE BRACKETS. THE ENTRY IS ACCENTED BY PILASTERS WITH CORINTHIAN CAPITALS. LISTED IN NATIONAL REGISTER - 1/20/78.
Current Name THE OLD POST OFFICE
Address MAIN AND ROBBERTS
City KINGFISHER
County KINGFISHER
Lot
Block
Current Section
Township
Range
Type BUILDING
Historic Function GOVERNMENT: POST OFFICE
Current Function VACANT/NOT IN USE
Area Signficance 1 COMMUNICATIONS
Area Significance 2 POLITICS/GOVERNMENT
Date Prepared JULY 1977
Year Built 1912
Original Site YES
Architect/Builder DIETER & WENZIL CO - BUILDER
Architectural Style RENAISSANCE REVIVAL
Roof Material TERRA COTTA TILE
Wall Material STUCCO
Window Material UNCOLLECTED
Door Material METAL
Decorative Details SIMULATED KEYSTONES
Condition GOOD
Comments
Restricted N